Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

City of York



Ajax Loading Image


Hail damage repair - check for registration and permits

When companies come knocking or calling to offer to repair your roof or siding, check the City website list of registered contractors to see if they are registered with the city. If so, they will have proof of insurance with the city. Also be sure to require the contractor to submit a building permit to the city for roof, siding, or window work. Request a copy for yourself so you also have a record of their commitment of work to be completed. Touch base with your insurance agent for other helpful tips to ensure that you get treated fairly as you repair your property.