- Owners of dogs and cats over the age of six-months are required to license their pets with the City of York annually.
- Licenses can be obtained at the York Police Department, 315 N. Grant Avenue.
- The Pet License form is available online.
- Dog and cat owners are also required to have their pets vaccinated against rabies. This must be done before the animal can be licensed.
- It is unlawful for any person to keep or harbor more than two dogs and/or three cats unless the property is located in the Industrial Zone and a Special Use Permit is obtained.
- Pet owners are required to maintain control of their pets at all times. When off the owner's property, pets must be on a leash and in the control of the owner.
$7.00 for neutered male or spayed female.
$27.00 for unneutered male or unspayed female.