- All bicycles within the city limits of York must be licensed.
- A registration fee of $1.50 is valid for the period of time that the bike remains property of the person who registered it.
- When riding on the street, bicyclists must obey all traffic laws.
- If riding at night the bike must be equipped with a headlight and taillight or reflector.
- Cyclists can ride on the sidewalks within the city limits with the exception of those in the business district.
- Cyclists must remember that pedestrians have the right-of-way when using the sidewalk.
Nebraska Bicycle Safety (Nebraska Department of Roads) [dead link]